Thursday 12 June 2008

Blegh!

I went for tapas with a friend on Tuesday lunchtime, and we shared a chickpea salad and some white asparagus spears with Manchego and olives, swimming in olive oil, and I had a lovely Spanish fish stew. It was delicious, but unfortunately I think it gave me food poisoning! I had to go home shortly after lunch and spent the rest of the day either sleeping or on the loo! I took Wednesday off too, as I was still feeling very dodgy, and also tired and miserable (Mr Fuss-Pott is away in Germany with a school trip so there was no-one to look after me!!). I'm back at work today, a bit 'wafty' and pathetic, and still very sorry for myself. But at least the fish stew has worked its way out of my system. I had to get a friend to take me to Tesco last night cos there wasn't a thing left in the house to eat and The Boy was getting hungry! So I've not got much to say about food today, except nectarines are nice!
In other news, The Daughter has moved out and seems to be settling into her little flat quite nicely, though I haven't actually seen it since I scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom on the day she moved in, so it could easily be as much of a pit by now as her room in our house was! She did text me the other day to say she was coming round - to visit the cat!
Oh, and that job? I got it! I start week commencing July 14th. Dunno what all the fuss was about.....

No comments: