Friday 18 January 2008

Ricotta and lentil salad




I didn't make this today, but I HAVE made it and it IS lovely! I promised it to someone so thought I'd put it here. It's not my recipe, it's from a newspaper, think it's maybe a Heston
Blumenthall one - I can only see 'all' at the top of the page!
200g Puy lentils

1 small onion

2tbsp fresh parsley

juice of half a lemon

1 tbsp capers

salt and pepper

Olive oil
250g ricotta

Put the lentils in a pan with the sliced onion and the bay leaf, and cover with
plenty of water. Simmer them gently for about 20 minutes, till their done. The recipe says remove the onions, but I leave them in, just take the bay leaf out or you might choke! Drain the lentils. Add the lemon juice, chopped fresh parsley and capers (you'll probably need to rinse them first, they're usually stored in salt!). Add a good glug of nice olive oil and season to taste. Slice the ricotta onto 4 plates and spoon the still warm lentils over the top. Mmmmmm........


No comments: