Wednesday 16 January 2008

Almond Cake



This seems to have degenerated into simply a recipe blog but what the hell!
The Husband had a slice of Bakewell Tart the other day, and it looked lovely, so I decided I would make the filling without the pastry, cos I really didn't want to get into making gluten-free pastry - life probably really is too short! Anyway, I found a recipe for Bakewell Tart in a book, and copied out the filling part. Then I timesed it by half. This cake was incredibly easy and absolutely gorgeous!!!
6oz butter
6oz sugar

6oz ground almonds

3 large eggs

2 or 3 tblsp red jam

some almond essence.

1. Melt the butter.

2. Mix the almonds and sugar.

3. Beat the eggs.

4. mix all together and add the almond essence - I've got the natural one and used probably about 5 or 6 drops - it could have taken more.

5. Heat the oven to about 200.

6. Grease 2 sandwich tins and line the bases with paper, grease that.

7. Pour the better into the tins and bake for about 20 minutes.

8. Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes then turn out carefully. 9. Put the jam in a dish and microwave it briefly (half a minute or so) until it melts.
10. Spread the jam on one half of the cake and put the other half on top. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with cream.

The picture isn't my cake, I took a nice picture of mine but then I put the memory card from the camera in the wrong slot on the computer and I can't get it out!

No comments: