Friday 10 August 2007

Adios Amigas!

Well, in 11 hours I leave for my holiday. Two weeks in a place called La Mata, near Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca! I'm not going to worry about what I eat on holiday, but I'm also hoping not to eat just for the sake of it - I say that every year!!
Usually, when I go on my summer holiday, I've just spent the previous months dieting to lose weight for the holiday and am planning on going back to the diet when I return, because I haven't lost as much as I wanted to! It'll be interesting to see if this year I can avoid that 'eat as much as possible in the 2 weeks off' mentality.
I'm very much looking forward to buying a kilo of fresh figs for a Euro from the market, to the gorgeous yellow peaches they sold in the supermercado last time we were there, to those lovely knobbly little cucumbers the Spanish have that look like home-grown ones, and to the very cheap brandy!! At least Spanish chocolate isn't worth bothering about!
I've bought 3 new bikinis this year, and I think I look pretty damn hot in them (so does the Hubby!!), as long as I stand very still just so......
So, till I get back, adios. I'll let you know how I get on, and if it's easier or more fun or particularly different being on holiday out of the 'diet loop'!
Tarra a bit!
Ax

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a FANTASTIC time on holiday Amy!!! Enjoy and really feel proud and confident in your fab bikinis, and enjoy all the food on offer. I will miss you very much but can't wait to hear all about your holiday. Take care and have a happy and safe trip.

Amy said...

I'll try my best to enjoy it Janey!! I'll miss you and the other BC girls too. We're not taking the laptop this year, didn't fancy its chances in the baggage hold now you can't take 'em as hand luggage any more! There will be regular internet cafe trips, with 2 teenage boys on holiday with us, so I'll check in to BC and everyone's blogs if I can. How are you anyway? Hope you're well and feeling positive!
'Talk' soon,
big love
Ax